|Player has retired.|
|Country of Birth||United Kingdom|
|Birthday||April 5, 1992 (age 29)|
|Social Media & Links|
Ataraxia was born and raised in Llanberis, Wales but has since moved to Liverpool where he studied Psychology at the University of Liverpool. He has been playing video games since the Nintendo 64 and Playstation 1 era, and has before getting into SMITE played the StarCraft series, Heroes of Newerth and League of Legends. His favourite game is Dragon Age: Origins. Ataraxia started playing SMITE in 2012. He always gravitated towards the carry roles in other games due to his love for glass cannon playstyles and being a self-proclaimed egomaniac. He most enjoyed playing hunters in the mid lane, and firmly believed they belonged there despite popular opinion, under the reasoning that the hunters were the strongest class late game, and received the most farm in mid. He was first noticed by prOxyQQ, who asked him to play hunter during the weekly tournament. Word of his skill spread throughout the scene, and he was on various teams for the weekly tournaments, although almost always as a hunter and not a mid, before becoming a founding member of Agilitas (later Aquila and Titan).
Originally starting in the solo lane position of Agilitas, Ataraxia soon moved on to become the hunter of the team. After the team just barely missed qualifying the the Season 1 SPL, Agilitas managed to win the SPL Season 1 EU Challenger Cup and SPL Season 1 EU Wildcard. This lead to being picked up by COGnitive Gaming and become Aquila. As Aquila the team managed to win the SPL Season 1 EU Regionals which finally led to the roster being picked up by Titan. Under Titan, Ataraxia helped his team reach a 2nd place at the SMITE World Championship 2015.
- He was the second highest earning eSports player in The United Kingdom at one point, he's the 22nd as of 17/11/20. 
- His name originated from his favourite film, Lucky Number Slevin; the main character has a condition called Ataraxia which can be described as a freedom from anxiety and worry.
- He has pioneered the use of various hunter builds that differ from the norm, most famously the Unicorn Build in Season 1. These attempts are not always successful, and he often stubbornly refuses to use a normal build.
- During the start of Season 2, it was claimed that Zindurn was the brother of Ataraxia, which led to a running gag of any pro being the brother of Ataraxia.
- Despite being in the hunter role, he dislikes the actual duo lane, and prefers metas of the game where the hunter is left alone more, as he can get more farm.
- He believes that patience and awareness of vulnerabilities make the best hunter players.
- He cites Realzx as the player he learned the most about SMITE from watching.
- He cites Sean "Day" Plott, a former StarCraft II professional player, streamer, commentator and host as his overall role model in changing the way he views learning and improving, especially in video games.
Team and Tournament History
- Interview With New Dignitas SMITE Hunter: Ataraxia with Brett "KwayZee" Steen on team-dignitas.net
- SMITE Player Profile - Ataraxia (Titan) (Video) SMITE Player Profile with Hi-Rez Studios
- Banter Cab with Hinduman.
- Domination Podcast Episode 1 ft. Ataraxia from Domination
The following pages redirect here. There are three types of pages that may appear on this list:
- Names formerly used by the player in competition
- Nicknames or alternative spellings or capitalizations of the player's name
- Common typos that are frequently searched for
The list is generated automatically.